Best Bruce Lee Quotes
Ads by Google
Here are some of the best Bruce Lee quotes from the martial artist, actor and film maker. In his short life from 1940 to 1973 he changed a lot of things and influenced and entire world. Enjoy his quotes.
Bruce Lee Quotes
- “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
- "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
- "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
- "To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."
- "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
- "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."
- "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."
- "Love is like a
friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often
hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows
older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and
- “Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”
- “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything
else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no
limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must
go beyond them.”
- “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a
cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the
bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water
can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
More Bruce Lee quotes.
Ads by Google
More Bruce Lee Quotes
- “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
- “The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you
ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let
nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment.”
- “If there is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.”
- "To me, the
extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy
way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special;
the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of
expression there is."
- "Obey the principles without being bound by them."
- "Always be yourself,
express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a
successful personality and duplicate it."
- “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
- “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
- “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you”
Ads by Google
- “When one has reached maturity in the art, one will have a formless
form. It is like ice dissolving in water. When one has no form, one can
be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.”
More Famous Quotes
if you liked these Bruce Lee Quotes check out these other famous quotes.