Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
Ads by Google
This is a collection of the most enlightening and inspiring Mahatma Gandhi quotes. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869 - 1948) was a lawyer and the prominent personality of the Indian Independence struggle. His peaceful approach to the independence struggle and philosophies have inspired civil rights and freedom movements across the world.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth
and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for
a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall.
Think of it... always.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
- "I have no secret methods. I know no diplomacy save that of truth. I have no weapon but non-violence."
- "For one man cannot do right in one
department of life whilst he is occupied in doing wrong in any other
department. Life is one indivisible whole."
Ads by Google
- "I must reduce myself to zero. So long as a
man does not of his own free will put himself last among his fellow
creatures, there is no salvation for him."
More Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.”
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
- “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
- "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
- "Faith becomes lame, when it ventures into matters pertaining to reason!"
Even More Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
“The future depends on what you do today.”
- “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problem."
- "A leader is useless when he acts against the promptings of his own conscience."
- "It is unwise to be too sure of one's own
wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and
the wisest might err."
- "Fear has its use but cowardice has none."
- "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth."
- "I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill."
Ads by Google
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
More Famous Quotes
I hope you have been encouraged and inspired by these Mahatma Gandhi quotes. Check out more famous quotes.