Quotes On Happiness
Ads by Google
Quotes on happiness - Weaver in the garden at home, Lusaka, Zambia
These quotes on happiness express simple truths that we would all do well to listen to and put into action. Success is good, but without happiness it is an empty experience and can even destroy your life. So reach for your dreams, but never forget to be happy on your journey.
Quotes On Happiness
- "If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If
your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself.
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you
realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you." Lao Tzu
- "The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go
outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens,
nature and God. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will,
then there will be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances
may be." Anne Frank
- "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."
- “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you
can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no
one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are –
completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not
because you think someone else wants you to be different." Stacey Charter
- "A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live."
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” Andy Rooney
- “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can
choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived
yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” Groucho Marx
- "True happiness...arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one's self." Joseph Addison
- "The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Ads by Google
- "Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it." J. Petit Senn
More Quotes On Happiness
I can never tire of taking moon pictures - fascinating
- "If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes." Andrew Carnegie
- The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
Henry Ward Beecher
- "Happiness can only be found if you can free yourself of all other distractions."
- “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you
are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” Dale Carnegie
- “Men spend their lives in anticipations, in determining to be vastly
happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one
advantage over every other – it is our own. Past opportunities are gone,
future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would
lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we
shall find that both are soured by age.” Charles Caleb Colton
- "Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change."
- “The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific
about themselves, and this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total
responsibility for every part of their life.” Brian Tracy
- "We are no longer happy so soon as we wish to be happier."
Walter Savage Landor
- "Most of us believe in trying to make other people happy only if they can be happy in ways which we approve."
Robert Staughton Lynd
Ads by Google
- "Happiness is spiritual,
born of truth and love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist
alone, but requires all mankind to share it."
Mary Baker Eddy
Even More Quotes On Happiness
Lovely wood pattern on a table, I forget where
- "Our capacity to draw happiness from aesthetic objects or material goods
in fact seems critically dependent on our first satisfying a more
important range of emotional or psychological needs, among them the need
for understanding, for love, expression and respect." Alain De Botton
- "Happiness in this
world, when it comes, comes incidentally. Make it the object of pursuit,
and it leads us a wild-goose chase, and is never attained. Follow some
other object, and very possibly we may find that we have caught
happiness without dreaming of it."
- “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” Unknow
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look
so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been
opened for us.” Helen Keller
- "When what we are is what we want to be, that's happiness."
- “I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that
will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives.”
- “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” Unknown
- "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy
would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far
better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity." Carl Jung
- "Happiness is an inside job."
William Arthur Ward
- "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy any place."
Other Pages With Quotes On Happiness
If you have enjoyed reading these quotes on happiness you will also love these pages:
- Happiness quotes
- Quotes about happiness
- Happy Quotes
- Happiness quotations
- Happy quotations