Ads by Google
Courage Quotes - Magnificent view of Cape Town, South Africa.
These courage quote illustrate that when courage is lacking, action cannot follow. The quotes on courage collected here really give a clear idea of why courage is an essential ingredient in the character of anyone that wants to live the life they love.
It takes courage to dream big, to make plans towards achieving your dreams and to take action. It takes courage to rise up against opposition and ridicule. It takes courage to lead yourself. Without courage, defeat comes easy.
Courage is not the absence of fear, it is doing something in spite of fear. It is taking the step towards your dreams in spite of the odds against you.
Look through these motivation quotes – and develop your courage: do something that scares you!
- "A great deal of talent
is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to
their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a
- “Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident.”The Bible, Psalm 27:3 NRSV
“Courage is like love, it must have hope for nourishment.”Napoleon Bonaparte
“We must constantly build dykes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”Martin Luther King Jr
“You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.”Abraham Lincoln
- "Without courage you cannot practice any of the other virtues."Maya Angelou
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others." Aristotle
“All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- "Creativity takes courage."
Ads by Google
- "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared."
More Courage Quotes
Always something amazing to see in the garden.
- "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
- "I learned that courage
was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is
not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
- "You gain strength,
courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to
look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through
this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'"
- "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
J. K. Rowling
- "Have the courage to say
no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it
is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity."
W. Clement Stone
- "True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason."
Alfred North Whitehead
- "How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them."
- "Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
C. S. Lewis
- "The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow."
- "People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."
Ads by Google
- "Life is to be entered upon with courage."
Alexis de Tocqueville
Return to Character Quotes Main Page.