Ads by Google
Eagle resting, Chobe National Park, Botswana.
Discipline quotes to motivate you to realise the importance of this quality to your personal success and to achieving your dreams.
Working on your dreams requires discipline. It is what will help you to say no to distractions and enable you to delay gratification. This means doing the hard work now in order that you enjoy the rewards of that work later.
Above all, self-discipline is most important. Self discipline is personal leadership. It means conquering yourself and requires self-analysis in order that you change those things that are in the way of your success and build up on those that will help you reach greater heights.
Discipline also means requiring nothing but the utmost best of yourself. You have to strive for personal excellence in everything you do. You have to strive to be the winner you were born to be.
Get inspired by these great discipline quote.
“Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.”George Washington
"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they
won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first."Harry S. Truman
“Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.”Jim Rohn
“Freedom is born of self-discipline. No individual, no nation, can
achieve or maintain liberty without self-control. The undisciplined man
(or woman) is a slave to his own weaknesses.”Alan Valentine
- “No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.”Harry Fosdick
"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self."Napoleon Hill
"Right discipline consists, not in external compulsion, but in the
habits of mind which lead spontaneously to desirable rather than
undesirable activities."Bertrand Russell
“Success doesn't just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.”John Maxwell
- "Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its
qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is
combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It's
a state of mind-you could call it character in action." Vince Lombardi
- "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
Ads by Google
- "We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
More Discipline Quotes
Decor at Zambezi Sun Hotel, Livingstone, Zambia.
- "It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through."
- "Talent without
discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of
movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "I've learned over the years that freedom is just the other side of discipline."
- "Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion."
- "Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there."
- "Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself."
Abraham Joshua Heschel
- "You have to discipline your children, or they won't respect you, law enforcement or God or anyone else."
- "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline."
Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
- "Discipline is wisdom and vice versa."
M. Scott Peck
- "Discipline is remembering what you want."
Ads by Google
- "Personal discipline,
when it becomes a way of life in our personal, family, and career lives,
will enable us to do some incredible things."
Return to Character Quotes Main Page.