Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Ads by Google
Gathered here are some of the best Abraham Lincoln quotes. Abraham Lincoln, born 1809 and died in 1865, is regarded by many as one of the greatest presidents of the United States of America. His assassination is one moment that forever lingers through history.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
- "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
- “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
- "If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again."
- "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."
- "The demon of intemperance ever seems to have delighted in sucking the blood of genius and of generosity."
- “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
- “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar”
- “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
Ads by Google
- “It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't.”
More Abraham Lincoln Quotes
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
- “Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all.”
- “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
- “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
- “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people
some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the
- "I have been driven many times upon my knees
by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own
wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."
- "The probability
that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support
of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me."
- “You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.”
- “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.”
Even More Abraham Lincoln Quotes
- “I am not concerned that you have fallen -- I am concerned that you arise.”
- “We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”
- “If there is anything that links the human to the divine, it is the
courage to stand by a principle when everybody else rejects it.”
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be
anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you
hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”
- “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves, and, under a just God cannot retain it.”
- “You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence”
- “Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then... find the way.”
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality.”
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”
Ads by Google
- “I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the
good from The Savior of the world is communicated to us through this
More Famous Quotes
If you have found these Abraham Lincoln Quotes inspiring you will also love these famous quotes.