Best Frida Kahlo Quotes
Ads by Google
These are some of the best Frida Kahlo quotes I have read and they really inspired me. Frida Kahlo, a famous Mexican painter, lived from1907 to 1954 and her full name was Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón. She is most famous for her self portraits.
Frida Kahlo Quotes
- “Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?”
- "Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
- “The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I
paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.”
- "I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."
- “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.”
- “I love you more than my own skin and even though you don’t love me the
same way, you love me anyways, don’t you? And if you don’t, I’ll always
have the hope that you do, and i’m satisfied with that. Love me a
little. I adore you.”
- “They are so damn 'intellectual' and rotten that I can't stand them
anymore....I [would] rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and
sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those 'artistic' bitches
- “I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.”
- "You deserve the best, the very best, because you are one of the few
people in this lousy world who are honest to themselves, and that is the
only thing that really counts."
- "I wish I could do whatever I liked behind the curtain of ‘madness’.
Then: I’d arrange flowers, all day long, I’d paint; pain, love and
tenderness, I would laugh as much as I feel like at the stupidity of
others, and they would all say: Poor thing, she’s crazy! (Above all I
would laugh at my own stupidity.) I would build my world which while I
lived, would be in agreement with all the worlds. The day, or the hour,
or the minute that I lived would be mine and everyone else’s – my
madness would not be an escape from ‘reality’."
More Frida Kahlo quotes below.
Ads by Google
More Frida Kahlo Quotes
- “They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn't. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.”
- “pain, pleasure and death are no more than a process for existence. The
revolutionary struggle in this process is a doorway open to
- “There is nothing more precious than laughter”
- “This upper class is disgusting and I'm furious at all these rich people
here, having seen thousands of people in abject squalor.”
- "The most important thing for everyone in Gringolandia is to have ambition and become 'somebody,' and frankly, I don't have the least ambition to become anybody."
- “I want to be inside your darkest everything”
“Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are a bourbon biscuit."
- “I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you.”
- “They sit for hours in the "cafes" warming their precious behinds, and
talk without stopping about "culture" "art" "revolution" and so on and
so forth, thinking themselves the gods of the world, dreaming the most
fantastic nonsenses and poisoning the air with theories and theories
that never come true.”
- “What I wanted to express very clearly and intensely was that the reason
these people had to invent or imagine heroes and gods is pure fear.
Fear of life and fear of death.”
More Famous Quotes
You can find more Frida Kahlo quotes and other famous quotes on the page here.
Ads by Google