Best Michael Jordan Quotes
Ads by Google
This is a collection of some of the best Michael Jordan Quotes. Michael Jeffrey Jordan is a retired American basketball player and was born in 1963. He is considered by many as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
Michael Jordan Quotes
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300
games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and
missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is
why I succeed."
- “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.”
- “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… when you
think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.”
- “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will
come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I
can expect half-hearted results.”
- "If you're trying to
achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had
them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall,
don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through
it, or work around it."
- "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
- "Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation."
- "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."
- "I hope the millions of
people I've touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals
and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude."
Ads by Google
- "Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night."
More Michael Jordan Quotes
- “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And
once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay
reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.”
- “If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a
weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”
- "My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline."
- "You have competition
every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have
to go out every day and live up to that."
- "I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era."
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
- “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.”
- “The minute you get away from
fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic or mental
preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork,
your job, whatever you’re doing.”
Even More Michael Jordan Quotes
- “The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfilment and peace.”
- “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.”
- “It’s heavy duty to try to do everything
and please everybody. My job was to go out there and play the game of
basketball as best I can. People may not agree with that. I can’t live
with what everyone’s impression of what I should or what I shouldn’t
- “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.”
- “Heart is what separates the good from the great.”
- “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try
to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth
the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about
the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.”
- “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game.”
- "Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
- "When I was playing
before I retired, I never really understood the appreciation and the
respect that people gave me. People had treated me like a god or
something, and that was very embarrassing."
- "Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you're in a fight."
More Famous Quotes
If you have found these Michael Jordan quotes inspiring, you will also love these other famous quotes.
Ads by Google