Best Mother Theresa Quotes
Ads by Google
The most inspirational and encouraging Mother Theresa quotes gathered for you. Also known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta, real name Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, Mother Theresa lived from 1910 to 1997. She was to many a model of service to humanity and her "Missionaries of Charity" continues to serve many worldwide.
Mother Theresa Quotes
- "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."
- "Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self."
- "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
- “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
- “At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have
received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have
done. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something
to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me
- "We think sometimes that
poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being
unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start
in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty."
- "The greatest destroyer
of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is
left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between."
- “Live simply so others may simply live.”
- "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody."
Ads by Google
- “God does not require that we be successful only that we be faithful.”
More Mother Theresa Quotes
- "We need to find God,
and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of
silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see
the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need
silence to be able to touch souls."
- "Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action."
- "Let us touch the dying,
the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have
received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."
- "I try to give to the
poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't
touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the
love of God."
- “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.”
- "There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in this world than for bread."
- “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.”
- “Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
- “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.”
- “When you have nothing left but God,you have more than enough to start over again.”
- "Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.”
- “One truly must have suffered oneself to help others.”
More Famous Quotes
I hope you have found these Mother Theresa quotes inspiring, you might also like these other famous quotes.
Ads by Google