Best Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes
Ads by Google
Here are some of the best Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 – 1882) was an American writer whose work continues to inspire and entertain many today.
Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes
- "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
- "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
- “Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.”
- “Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.”
- “People do not seem to realise that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.”
- “That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the
nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.”
- “Let us be silent, that we may hear the whisper of God.”
- “Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.”
Ads by Google
- “Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great.”
More Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes
- "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
- "The first wealth is health."
- “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.”
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes
to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have
contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your
- “If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.”
- “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”
- “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”
- "The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war."
- “Beware what you set your heart upon. For it surely shall be yours.”
- “Trust instinct to the end, even though you can give no reason.”
- “Of all the ways to lose a person, death is the kindest.”
Even More Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes
- "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
- “I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”
- “It is not the length of life, but the depth.”
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
- “Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is
something which you can do better than another. Listen to the inward
voice and bravely obey that. Do the things at which you are great, not
what you were never made for.”
- “Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can offer with the
cumulative force of a whole life's cultivation, but of the adopted
talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous, half possession.”
- “None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except
when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.”
- “The years teach much the days never know.”
Ads by Google
- “If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and adore.”
More Famous Quotes
I hope you have found these Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes inspiring. If you want more inspiration check out these famous quotes.