Best Stephen King Quotes
Ads by Google
These are the best Stephen King quotes from the horror and science fiction writer. Stephen Edwin King was born in 1947 and while I have not read any of his books, I prefer personal development books rather than fiction, I found his quotes enlightening and inspiring. One of my all time favourite movies, "The Shawshank Redemption" is based on his book
"Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption".
Stephen King Quotes
- "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool."
- "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
- "You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants."
- "I've always believed in
God. I also think that's the sort of thing that either comes as part of
the equipment, the capacity to believe, or at some point in your life,
when you're in a position where you actually need help from a power
greater than yourself, you simply make an agreement."
- “If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
- “The scariest moment is always just before you start.”
- "It's a mystery. That's
the first thing that interests me about the idea of God. If there is
one, it's mysterious and powerful and awesome to even consider the
concept, and you have to take it seriously."
- "You cannot hope to sweep someone else away by the force of your writing until it has been done to you."
Ads by Google
- "It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost."
More Stephen King Quotes
- “Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.”
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
- “We lie best when we lie to ourselves.”
- “there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
- “No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the
person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of
hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don't.”
- “Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.”
- "If you want to be a
writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a
lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no
- “Life isn't a support system for art. It's the other way around.”
- “I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize
the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify,
and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not
- “Just remember that Dumbo didn't need the feather; the magic was in him. ”
Even More Stephen King Quotes
- “Friends don’t spy; true friendship is about privacy, too.”
- “Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness."
- "The most important
things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get
ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things
that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living
size when they are brought out."
- “Talent is a wonderful thing, but it won't carry a quitter.”
- “It's strange how pain marks our faces, and makes us look like family.”
- “Time's the thief of memory”
- “the only mortal sin is giving up.”
- “When it comes to the past, everyone writes fiction.”
- “I write to find out what I think.”
- “Reading a good long novel is in many ways like having a long and satisfying affair”
“If you don't control your temper, your temper will control you.”
More Famous Quotes
Check out these famous quotes if you have enjoyed these Stephen King Quotes.
Ads by Google