Best Winston Churchill Quotes
Ads by Google
These are my favourite and best WInston Churchill quotes that are sure to inspire and encourage you as well. Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill was a British statesman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Hewas bron in 1874 and died in 1965, having been very instrumental in inspiring the world and securing victory against Hitler in the Second World War.
Winston Churchill Quotes
- "Never give in — never, never, never,
never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except
to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never
yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
- "The world looks with some awe upon a man
who appears unconcernedly indifferent to home, money, comfort, rank, or
even power and fame. The world feels not without a certain apprehension,
that here is someone outside its jurisdiction; someone before whom its
allurements may be spread in vain; some one strangely enfranchised,
untamed, untrammelled by convention, moving independent of the ordinary
currents of human action."
- "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- "When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."
- "What is the use of living, if it be not to
strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place
for those who will live in it after we are gone?"
- "Where my reason, imagination or interest were not engaged, I would not or I could not learn."
- "There is nothing wrong in change, if it is in the right direction. To
improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often."
- "Books, in all their variety, offer the human intellect the means whereby civilisation may be carried triumphantly forward."
- "The inherent vice of capitalism is the
unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the
equal sharing of miseries."
Ads by Google
- "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
- "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
More Winston Churchill Quotes
- "You will never get to the end of the journey if you stop to shy a stone at every dog that barks."
- "Evils can be created much quicker than they can be cured."
- "One always measures friendships by how they show up in bad weather."
- "To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."
- "Nourish your hopes, but do not overlook realities."
- "Justice moves slowly and remorselessly upon its path, but it reaches its goal eventually."
- "Men may make mistakes, and learn from their mistakes. Men may have bad luck, and their luck may change."
- "For myself I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else."
- "Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard."
Ads by Google
- "Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right than to be responsible and wrong."
Even More Winston Churchill Quotes
are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the
worst of it is that half of them are true."
is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which
guarantees all others."
is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride
it, malice may distort it, but there it is."
have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities
he excites among his opponents."
the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."
have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat."
am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for
the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement.
Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it
becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about
to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and
fling him to the public."
More Famous Quotes
I trust you have found these Winston Churchill quotes enlightening and inspiring. See more famous quotes here.