Enlightening Leadership Quotations
Ads by Google
Leadership quotations - Sprinkler on the lawn of Protea Hotel Safari Lodge, Chisamba, Zambia
This collection is leadership quotations has been specifically put together to illustrate the essence of leadership and inspire you to greater leadership of yourself and those that follow you.
- "I think leadership comes from integrity - that you do whatever you
ask others to do. I think there are non-obvious ways to lead. Just by
providing a good example as a parent, a friend, a neighbor makes it
possible for other people to see better ways to do things. Leadership
does not need to be a dramatic, fist in the air and trumpets blaring,
activity." Scott Berkun
leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say “I.” And
that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say “I.” They
don’t think “I.” They think “we”; they think “team.” They understand
their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility
and don’t sidestep it, but “we” gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done." Peter Drucker
- “There are no working hours for leaders.” – James Cardinal Gibbons
- “Leadership is based on a spiritual quality --- the power to inspire, the power to inspire others to follow.” Vince Lombardi
- "Leadership should be more participative than directive, more enabling than performing." Mary D. Poole
"The law of legacy: A leader's lasting value is measured
by succession...A legacy lives on in people, not things." John C. Maxwell
- "Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it."
- "Leadership is a mindset
that shifts from being a victim to creating results. Any one of us can
demonstrate leadership in our work and within our lives."
Robin S. Sharma
- "I don't know what
leadership is. You can't touch it. You can't feel it. It's not tangible.
But I do know this: you recognize it when you see it."
Ads by Google
- "A leader is one who,
out of madness or goodness, volunteers to take upon himself the woe of
the people. There are few men so foolish, hence the erratic quality of
leadership in the world."
More Leadership Quotations
Weavers at Protea Hotel Safari Lodge, Chisamba, Zambia.
- "Leadership is a posture and a choice, not a role that must be
bestowed on you. Step up and be a leader when no one is watching or
expecting you to do so." John Izzo and Marshall Goldsmith
- “Leadership has a harder job to than just choose sides. It must bring sides together.” Jesse Jackson
- “Be prepared for betrayal from anyone on your staff, but especially from
those you have the most trust in. Every betrayal must be repaid as
quickly and as publicly as possible. If you should let a betrayal go
unpunished, you are through as a leader.” The Mafia Manager
- “No leader, however great, can long continue unless he wins battles. The battle decides all.” Vince Lombardi
competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on
the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops."
John J Pershing
am endlessly fascinated that playing football is considered a training
ground for leadership, but raising children isn’t." Dee Dee Myers
- "The art of communication is the language of leadership."
- "Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance."
J. Donald Walters
- "The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership."
Harvey S. Firestone
Ads by Google
- "I think for leadership
positions, emotional intelligence is more important than cognitive
intelligence. People with emotional intelligence usually have a lot of
cognitive intelligence, but that's not always true the other way around."
Even More Leadership Quotations
Bird at Protea Hotel Safari Lodge, Chisamba, Zambia.
- "I strongly believe that the responsibility of leadership is to
shape the debate—to practice and project the right attributes—whether in
a business enterprise, in our society, and even in our religions." Farooq Kathwari
- “A boss creates fear, a leader confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader
corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss
makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested
in themselves, a leader is interested in the group.” Russell H. Ewing
- “There is only one kind of discipline, and that is the perfect
discipline. As a leader, you must enforce and maintain that discipline;
otherwise, you will fail at your job.” Vince Lombardi
- "Leadership consists not in degrees of technique but in traits of
character; it requires moral rather than athletic or intellectual
effort, and it imposes on both leader and follower alike the burdens of
self-restraint." Lewis H. Lapham
"To add growth lead followers. To multiply lead
leaders....You can grow by leading followers but if you want to maximise your
leadership and help your organisation reach its potential you need to develop
leaders. There is no other way to experience explosive growth." John. C.
- "I believe that the capacity that any organisation needs is for leadership to appear anywhere it is needed, when it is needed."
Margaret J. Wheatley
- "People look for their leadership to lead."
- "Leadership is a mindset
in action. So don't wait for the title. Leadership isn't something that
anyone can give you - you have to earn it and claim it for yourself."
- "Leadership is an ever-evolving position."
Other Pages With Leadership Quotations
I hope you have enjoyed these leadership quotations. Take a look at these other pages with leadership quotes:
- Leadership Quotes Main Page
- Famous Leadership Quotes
- Quotes About Leadership
- Quotes On Leadership