Quotes About Leadership
Ads by Google
Quotes about leadership - Me, reading a book and enjoying the Cape Town sun and views, South Africa.
These are some of my favourite quotes about leadership gathered from many great men and women. Be inspired and encouraged to bring out the leader in you.
Quotes About Leadership
- "One of the lessons of
leadership worth emphasizing is that you want to get to know other great
leaders and take their advice. At some point in your development, it's
only people who've been in the seat of having to be leaders who can help
you in a deep way."
Jim Yong Kim
- "Well, I think that - I think leadership's always been about two main things: imagination and courage."
- "I believe in servant leadership, and the servant always asks, 'Where am I needed most?"
- "All of the great
leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to
confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time.
This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership."
John Kenneth Galbraith
- "You learn far more from
negative leadership than from positive leadership. Because you learn
how not to do it. And, therefore, you learn how to do it."
- "Leadership is a matter
of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react.
If you're in control, they're in control."
- "Leadership is hard to
define and good leadership even harder. But if you can get people to
follow you to the ends of the earth, you are a great leader."
- "Leadership is about vision and responsibility, not power."
- "Different times need different types of leadership."
Ads by Google
- "One thing that somebody told me is that leadership is a lonely role - some people can do it, and some people can't."
More Quotes About Leadership
Bird at the poolside of the Protea Hotel Safari Lodge, Chisamba, Zambia.
"Courageous leadership simply means that I have
developed: 1. Convictions that are stronger than my fears 2. Vision that is
clearer than my doubts 3. Spiritual sensitivity that is louder than popular
opinion 4. Self-esteem that is deeper than self-protection 5. Appreciation for
discipline that is higher than my desire for leisure 6. Dissatisfaction that is
more forceful than the status quo 7. Poise that is more unshakable than panic
8. Risk-taking that is stronger than safety-seeking 9. Right actions that are
more robust than rationalisation 10. A desire to see potential reached more
than to see people appeased." John C. Maxwell
- "Trust is the foundation of leadership. You cannot
continually break trust and continue to influence people. That's the law of
Solid Ground." John C. Maxwell
- "The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
- "Leadership is a choice, not a position."
- "Leadership cannot just go along to get along. Leadership must meet the moral challenge of the day."
- "Actions, not words, are the ultimate results of leadership."
- "Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."
- "Leadership is about making the right decision and the best decision before, sometimes, it becomes entirely popular."
- "True leadership isn't about having an idea. It's about having an idea and recruiting other people to execute on this vision."
Ads by Google
- "One secret of
leadership is that the mind of a leader never turns off. Leaders even
when they are sightseers or spectators, are active; not passive
Even More Quotes About Leadership
Beautiful ornament at the Mika Convention Centre, Lusaka, Zambia
- "Leadership is absolutely about inspiring action, but it is also about guarding against mis-action."
- "I think one of the keys
to leadership is recognizing that everybody has gifts and talents. A
good leader will learn how to harness those gifts toward the same goal."
- "Inability to make
decisions is one of the principal reasons executives fail. Deficiency in
decision-making ranks much higher than lack of specific knowledge or
technical know-how as an indicator of leadership failure."
John C. Maxwell
- "Leadership appears to be the art of getting others to want to do something you are convinced should be done."
- "I think leadership is
service and there is power in that giving: to help people, to inspire
and motivate them to reach their fullest potential." Denise Morrison
- "The art of communication is the language of leadership."
- "A big part of leadership is just being comfortable with the fact that some decisions really are only yours."
Helene D. Gayle
- "Real leadership means tackling tough problems ourselves and not leaving them to our children."
- "You were born to lead as mothers and fathers, because nowhere is righteous leadership more crucial than in the family."
Sheri L. Dew
- "In any leadership position, you're always going to be disappointing somebody."
Other Pages With Quotes About Leadership
- Leadership Quotes Main Page
- Famous Leadership Quotes
- Quotes On Leadership
- Leadership Quotations