Ads by Google
Happiness quotes - Just another beautiful flower in garden at home
These are some of my favourite happiness quotes and I find these simple truths so revealing. Happiness is really a simple thing, but all too often in wanting it so much we complicate it, and sadly, we miss it. May you not miss your happiness today and ever more.
- "Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself."
- "It’s pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed." Frank McKinney Hubbard
- “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we
crave most in life — happiness, freedom, and peace of mind — are always
attained by giving them to someone else.” Peyton Conway March
- "The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so."
William Ralph Inge
- “Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond
our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “There is no way to happiness — happiness is the way.”Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Happiness is mostly a by-product of doing what makes us feel fulfilled."
- "Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude."
Joseph Wood Krutch
Ads by Google
- “Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands,
because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will
not be happy -because we will always want to have something else or
something more," David Steindl-Rast
More Happiness Quotes
I love these chairs at Protea Hotel Safari Lodge, Chisamba, Zambia
- “If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a
boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in
his garden, or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi desert. He will not
be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has
rolled under the radiator. He will not be striving for it as a goal in
itself. He will have become aware that he is happy in the course of
living life twenty-four crowded hours of the day.” W. Beran Wolfe
- "To describe happiness is to diminish it."
- “It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis.” Margaret Bonanno
- "Some days are just bad
days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I
remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just
the way it is!"
Dita Von Teese
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Marcel Proust
- “Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It
is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a
worthy purpose.” Helen Keller
- “The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances.” Martha Washington
- “All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within.” Horace Friess
- “The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.” Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Ads by Google
- “Whoever is happy will make others happy, too.”
— Mark Twain
Even More Happiness Quotes
Trying out some macro photography in the garden
- “Happy people do not demand a lot from the world because their
happiness proceeds from a place deeper than the world can touch.” Alan
- “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.” Helen Keller
- "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides
of the mind." Alice Meynell
grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked
in strangers' gardens." Douglas Jerrold
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts; therefore guard accordingly.” Marcus Aurelius
- “The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little
soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt
compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless
other infinitesimal of pleasurable thought and genial feeling.” Samuel
- “People who are not happy with themselves cannot possibly be happy with you.” Unknown
- “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people
are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that
man is happy who does not think himself so."
Other Pages With Happiness Quotes
- Happy quotes
- Quotes about happiness
- Quotes on happiness
- Happiness quotations
- Happy quotations